Best Compact SUV of 2016-17
The compact SUV segment has become one of the best-selling vehicle categories in the country, and it's only getting bigger. It is a class of small sport utility vehicles that is larger than mini SUVs but smaller than mid-size SUVs. They can carry plenty of people, cargo, pets, whatever you need and is the perfect family car. Thus not only the new ones but the used SUV cars are equally popular and thus tend to have a good resale value. If you dream of getting a large family car at a pocket friendly price a used SUV is your best option. Here is a list of the best compact SUV’s of 2016-17-
• Honda CR-V- Honda CR-V comes in 3 variants with 2 engine and 2 transmission and 1 fuel options. The 2.0-litre engine develops 154bhp of power and 190Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic gearbox and front-wheel drive. The 2.4-litre mill gets a five-speed automatic and a torque on demand four-wheel- drive. Honda has got the 1.6-litre four-pot diesel for homologation, which is available with the 118bhp and 158bhp setups globally. It has ample passenger space and an enormous cargo area that further benefits from a low load height. It's also one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles in the segment.
• Ford EcoSport - The Ford EcoSport has been one of the most popular compact SUVs in India and comes with several notable features including plush interiors, flared wheel arches, a raked windscreen and the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate. The EcoSport has a stylish design and comes with six airbags and ABS along with several other safety features. There are three engine options available for the EcoSport, namely the 1.5 litre petrol, 1.0 litre EcoBoost and 1.5 litre diesel turbocharged mills respectively. The EcoSport comes with 5 speed manual and 6 speed dual-clutch automatic transmission options.
• Hyundai Tucson - Hyundai Tucson comes in 5 variants with 2 engine and 2 transmission and 2 fuel options. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel belts out 182bhp of power and 400Nm of torque and comes mated to six-speed manual and automatic transmissions. The 153bhp, 192Nm 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol also comes with similar six-speed manual and automatic options. The Tucson is a five-seater SUV and gets a spacious cabin. The dashboard is dominated by the touch screen display at the centre with steering-mounted audio controls. For safety, dual front airbags with ABS and EBD are standard across the range with the top-spec car getting six airbags. Fuel economy, ride quality, attractive design and urban agility were some of the qualities that make it one of the top SUV cars of the year.
• Hyundai Creta - The Hyundai Creta is a more compact version of the Santa Fe and is one of the highest selling SUVs in the country at present. The muscular design looks attractive along with the blacked out air dam and fluidic design. There is a vertically stacked rear design along with several features like a touch screen infotainment unit with navigation, rear air conditioning vents, start-stop button, keyless entry, 2-6 airbags (depending on the variant in question), leather seats with contrast stitching and more. The Creta comes with a 1.6 litre petrol engine and 1.4 litre and 1.6 litre four cylinder diesel engines. There are 6 speed manual and automatic transmission options available for the Creta.
• .Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - The Vitara Brezza is the highest selling SUV in the country at present. The Vitara Brezza comes with a stylish design including a rectangular front grille, sweptback headlamps and a black honeycomb grille in tandem with daytime running lamps with projector headlamps. The Vitara Brezza also comes with a touch screen infotainment unit from the Baleno and gets other features like leather seats, electrically folding ORVMs, start-stop function, climate control and ABS and EBD along with dual front airbags. The Vitara Brezza comes with a 1.3 litre diesel turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which is paired to a manual transmission unit.
Get the Mahindra First Choice advantage! Check Second Hand Cars in Your City!
Select Your City > Choose Your Favorite Car > Buy From Local MFC Dealers